Castle Cake

Castle Cake
My favorite so far.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Princess Cake

A new friend has asked me to do a cake for her daughters birthday party next week. She is wanting a Princess cake like the one I have made before. However, it will be on a smaller scale as it is for fewer people. I have been working on the gum paste princesses since the night she placed the order because it takes a while for the gum paste to set. I have the tops made and I am working on the bottoms and dresses today. Thankfully, I only have to make three instead of the five I made before.

I think I am going to try a little bit of a different design as well. I need to contact the mom and see if that is okay. I want to do the different design because it will be all cake. The first one I did the castle was made out of rice crispy treats. The rice crispy treats work great, however the castle isn't going to be as big on the new cake so it won't add as much weight.

I think this cake is actually going to be better than the first one. I will post some pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment