Castle Cake

Castle Cake
My favorite so far.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Scraps

Today I am using all my leftover supplies from the Spiderman cake to make a tall teacup cake. I want to use the supplies so that they don't got to waste. I hate wasting things and I always have an extra layer or two of cake after I bake them. I usually just freeze and save them for an emergency. However, they will get frost bitten if you leave them in to long. I try to use them within a month. If you have a deep freezer they may last longer than that.

I don't tend to use the frozen leftovers in a customer cake. I have a time or two if it was from a cake the week before and something went wrong in the decorating process and I don't have time to bake more.

I also use my extra cake to make cake pops. I am still learning how to make a good cake pop. I think it will just take some practice, but I will get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment